Binsky & Snyder Leadership
At Binsky & Snyder, we know that you simply can't have too much knowledge, talent, or expertise. As we expand with each passing year, we add members to our corporate family who meet our uncompromising quality standards and share our values. Binsky's key administrators and managers average 25+ years in the industry. Our management team provides leadership for our employees and confidence to our clients that every project is handled with professional precision.
Chief Executive Officer
As a fourth generation owner, Bob Snyder, Jr. has worked and been involved in the mechanical contracting industry since his youth. Bob's experience spans all aspects of the business including Sales and Estimating, Project Controls and Management, Engineering and Drafting, Purchasing, Information Technology, and Financial Management. In addition to office and management experience, Bob worked in tool and fabrication shops, spent time on the road in a service van working in the field with service technicians and developed hands-on skills on projects working with the plumber and pipefitter craftsmen. Bob's overall skill set is very broad based which has enabled him to attain the position of Executive Vice President with overall corporate responsibility.
As a graduate engineer, Bob has strong technical and design aptitude and
has a vast understanding of both conceptual and technical aspects of mechanical
systems. Bob also has a great level of experience in information technology
and has been involved in designing the project control systems used at
Binsky & Snyder.
Bob has devoted significant time to the Mechanical Contracting Association of New Jersey and Industry Council, currently sits on the Board of Directors, and holds the position of Secretary/Treasurer. In addition, Bob has served as a Trustee on Plumbers Local 24 and currently on Pipefitters Local 475.
Bucknell University, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Graduate 1988
Industry Organizations and Roles
- Mechanical Contracting Association of America, Chairman of the Industry Improvements Committee, Member of Technology Committee
- Mechanical Contracting Association of New Jersey, Board of Directors and Past President
- United Association, Pipefitter Local 475, Co-Chairman for Trust Funds
- Plumbers Local 24, Past Trust Fund Member
- Local 24, Local 475, Local 274 and Local 9, Negotiating Committee
- NJ and PA Service & Refrigeration, Negotiating Committee
- International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers
William J. McKean, P.E.
Having directly supervised the preparation and presentation of nearly $20 billion in mechanical bid proposals over the past 30 years, Bill has developed a keen level of understanding of a multitude of mechanical systems in a broad based industrial and commercial marketplace.
In 1984, as a graduate mechanical engineer, Bill joined the Binsky team and has held positions in estimating, drafting and layout, project management, and purchasing before being promoted to Vice President in 1992. Since 2004, serving as a managing member of Binsky Mechanical, Bill continues to expand relationships with our customers by offering critical pre-construction activities such as budgeting, GMP establishment, value engineering, and alternative cost estimating.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Member
- National Society of Professional Engineers, Member
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers, Associate
- International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers, Member
Education & Licensing
- Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Graduate 1983
- New Jersey Professional Engineer License #GE33894
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection UST License #0011717
Christopher Snyder, PhD
Vice President, Operations
As a graduate biochemist, Chris has a strong technical and methodical skill set giving him the ability to easily understand mechanical systems. Chris also has a great level of experience in information technology whose responsibilities include maintaining and upgrading both hardware and software systems. Chris is also key in the design and implementation of both proprietary and custom software solutions, including estimating, project scheduling, and productivity tracking systems used at Binsky.
- Bucknell University, Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry, Graduate 1991
- The Ohio State University, Doctor of Philosophy in Biochemistry, Earned 1996
- Designed and implemented a unit price project system to estimate and track the installation of several pharmaceutical projects (Merck & Co.-Multiple Scale Organics Facility, Bristol-Myers Squibb-Building 55, ImClone Systems Corporation-C225 Launch Facility, and Sanofi Pasteur-Influenza Vaccine Manufacturing Facility.
- Designed and supervised the development of a project information system to track purchase and change orders, request for information, issues, time and material, vendor and subcontractor information and contacts.
- Supervised the implementation of Primavera Scheduling system.
- Designed and supervised the implementation of a project productivity and installation tracking system.
Andrew P. Costine
Andrew Costine began his employment with Binsky & Snyder in 1994 as a staff accountant. Andy spent his first two years learning all of the accounting positions, policies and procedures within the department. In 1996, Andy was promoted to Assistant Controller and began to take on more of a managerial role in the accounting department. In 2006, Andy became a partner. Most recently, Andy accepted the position of CFO for Binsky & Snyder.
Organizations and Affiliations
- Member of New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- State University of New York College at Fredonia, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Graduate 1993
- Certified Public Accountant, 2003