Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Two-story, 110,000-square-foot clinical program at opening, with shell space for future growth;
- 190 clinical and administrative staff at opening;
- More than 35 doctors whose sole focus is treating cancer;
- 28 exam-consult rooms;18 infusion bays;
- Three treatment rooms for outpatient procedures, such as prostate biopsies, cystoscopies, colposcopies, excision, suture or drain removal, and punch biopsy;
- Two linear accelerators used to deliver radiation therapy, with space for expansion;500-space parking lot, with valet service available;
- $185 million investment, of which $37 million went toward the building’s purchase price;
- Designed to meet the US Green Building Council’s LEED certification;
The 145,000 square foot expansion of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Bergen creates space for an outpatient cancer treatment center with a range of imaging suites, private infusion rooms, exam rooms and a pharmacy, and includes extensive renovations and cosmetic upgrades to corporate shell spaces. The project also includes construction of a 5,000 square foot radiation oncology addition with two linear accelerators and space for a third, as well as the extensive infrastructure and building system upgrades to support the imaging and radiation oncology areas.
Binsky was chosen to complete mechanical construction at Memorial Sloan Kettering Bergen Cancer Center in Montvale, NJ. This project was a transformation of a 50-year-old steel frame office building into a 140,000-square-foot cancer diagnostic and treatment center. Several new amenities were built including imaging suites, private infusion rooms, exam rooms,andpharmacy, as well as extensive renovations and cosmetic upgrades. Additionally, a 5,000-square-foot radiation oncology addition was built with two linear accelerators, including space for a third, and extensive infrastructure and building system upgrades to support the imaging and radiation oncology areas. This structure was designed to meet the US Green Building LEED certification requirements.
Ready to Start Your Project?
Turn to a trusted leader in mechanical construction. Get in touch to discuss your project or request a quote today.